Your Privacy: Overview
- “personal information” means information or opinion about an individual whose identity is apparent or can be reasonably ascertained from the information or opinion as further defined under applicable privacy laws, including, but not limited to, Your Contacts and other personal information collected through the Services; and
- “we”, “us” and “our” means Vitality House Pty Ltd ACN 638 633 637.
Collection of Your Information
We may collect personal information in connection with your membership with us, your use or purchase of our Services, which may include information provided in connection with the following activities:
- Registering your personal details on our Websites. This includes information you may provide when you register your interest for more information about Vitality House, or providing personal information for the purposes of obtaining a membership with Vitality House;
- Downloading and using one of our mobile applications;
- Completing a profile or providing any personal details on our Websites;
- Purchasing any product or service from us, whether at the Premises or through Websites;
- Requesting information or assistance from Vitality House. We may also keep a copy of any communications or correspondence you may send to us, including any email communications;
- Participating or responding to consumer survey or requests for consumer’s opinions, concerns, and preferences regarding Vitality House’s products and services;
- Participating in consumer contests, sweepstakes and other promotions; and
- Using other features of the Websites or at the Premises that may be offered from time to time, and may require such information in order to utilise the feature.
The personal information that we may collect may include your name, username, password, email address, age, date of birth, gender, address, telephone number, credit card and debit card numbers (with expiration dates), personal preferences, and any other personal information that you choose to include in your profile, or in other communications to Vitality House. In addition, we may collect additional information from users of our Services, such as our mobile applications as described in the “Mobile Applications” section below. You represent and warrant that you have the right and authority or have obtained all necessary consents to provide any information, including any personal information of another individual, that is provided by you to Vitality House.
If you do not provide your personal information to us, we may not be able to provide you or continue to provide you with services or information which may be of value to you.
If you have provided permission through your device to allow us to collect location information, we may obtain pinpointed physical location information from technologies like GPS, Wi-Fi, or cell tower proximity. You may be able to withdraw your permission for us to acquire pinpointed location information from your device through your device settings, although we do not control this process so you should check with your device provider on how these settings are updated. The mobile application may use the geo-location features of that application (GPS or network-based) to support your use of location-based tools such as locating our premises near you.
You will have the option to opt-out partially or completely from any of our mobile applications or withdraw any permission granted to us, and in any such case, we will destroy and permanently de-identify personal information it holds and has collected from your use of such mobile applications.
Cookies and IP Addresses
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies. If you would prefer to prevent your computer from accepting our cookies, you may follow your Internet browser’s steps for doing so. Please note, however, that if you do disable cookies from your browser, you may not be able to access certain sections of the Websites.
Use of Your Personal information
Upon our collection of your personal information, we may use such personal information, separately or in combination with other information, for the following purposes:
- To provide you with products and services, and manage our relationship with you. This includes to process purchases or other transactions and to conduct or administer other transactions that you may engage in with us including at our Premises or through the Websites;
- To contact you and to respond to any communications that you may have had with us, or to communicate important messages and information to you;
- To develop, enhance, market, promote products or services, including the Websites;
- To develop and manage our business and operations;
- To detect and protect us and third parties against breaches of contractual, legislative or regulatory obligations, and to audit compliance with our policies and contractual obligations;
- As permitted by, and to comply with, any legal or regulatory requirements or provisions.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose or transfer your personal information to (i) our related entities and affiliates and (ii) third parties whom we engage to provide services on our behalf, including, but not limited to, support services, website services, and answering customer questions about our products and Services.
We will only provide third parties with the personal information that they need to deliver the services to us and/or on our behalf. We will not disclose your personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes without obtaining your prior consent. While in another jurisdiction for processing, the information may be accessed by the courts, law enforcement, and national security authorities of that jurisdiction.
In the event that Vitality House is involved in a business transaction, including the purchase, sale, lease, merger, amalgamation or any other type of acquisition, disposal, securitisation or financing involving us, we may transfer or disclose your personal information and any other information we may have collected to another party in connection with such transaction. We may also disclosing your personal information to legal, financial, insurance, or other advisors in connection with such business transaction or management of all or part of our business or operation or as otherwise permitted or required by law.
Retention of Your Personal information
The personal information that you provide will be retained by us in accordance with applicable laws. However, we will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify personal information it holds if it is no longer needed for our business purposes.
Choice and Opt-Out Preferences
Vitality House does not collect your personal information unless you choose to provide it.
If, at any time, you prefer not to receive further email communications from us (except in connection with information, products or services that you specifically request), you will have the ability to unsubscribe from such communications by means of a link provided in every broadcast e-mail that is sent to you by us. If, at any time, you prefer not to receive any other form of communication from us, you will have the ability to unsubscribe from such communications by contacting us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Protection of Your Information
To prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, maintain data accuracy and facilitate the appropriate use of information, we use physical, technological and administrative procedures to protect the personal information that we collect from loss, unauthorized access, modification, disclosure or other misuse.
Nevertheless, Internet or wireless transmissions are never completely private or secure. You understand that any messages or information you send to the Websites or through the Services may be read or intercepted by others. If you have any questions about the security of personal information collected by Vitality House, please contact: email@example.com.
Access and Correction
Vitality House will take reasonable steps to ensure the personal information it holds is accurate, complete and up to date. Upon your written request, subject to certain exceptions provided by law, we will inform you of the existence, use and disclosure of your personal information and give you access to that information. Additionally, if you have any questions or enquiries relating to our privacy practices or procedures, or if you believe that the personal information that we hold about you is not accurate, complete or up to date you may write to the Privacy Officer at the address provided below. We will respond to your requests to access or correct personal information in a reasonable time. If you are able to establish that the information is not accurate, complete or up to date, we will take reasonable steps to correct the information so that it is accurate, complete and up to date.
There is no charge for requesting access to your personal information but we may require you to meet our reasonable costs in providing you with access (such as photocopying costs or costs for time spent on collating large amounts of material).
Request for Access and Correction, Questions, Comments or Complaints
Attention: Privacy Officer
4 Southport Street
West Leederville, WA 6007
If you are still not satisfied about the way in which we have handled your personal information, you can contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (www.oaic.gov.au) for guidance.